R.N. College, Pandaul was established on June 01, 1959 as an Institution of Higher Education with the mission to spread the light of knowledge among the downtrodden lot of Mithilanchal and thereby enabling them to develop as worthy citizens of the country with a sense of genuine pride in their hoary cultural traditions.
The College has a strong team of teachers and staffs committed to all round development of the College & students. Presently, the College offers teaching in 17 subjects of Arts, Science and Commerce up to Degree Honours standard besides Career Oriented or Add on Programs like Computer Applications, E-Commerce and Journalism
The general stream programmes offered are :- B.Sc.(Honours) in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany and Zoology; B.A.(Honours) in English, Hindi, Maithili, Sanskrit, Economics, Political Science, Philosophy, Psychology, History, Sociology and Geography,Urdu and B.Com (Honours) in Accounts Honours & Marketing Honours. Every student taking up an Honours course has to study two subsidiary subjects and one compulsory language in the 1st and 2nd year of the 3-yr Degree course whereas in Part III, Honours and General studies papers only are to be studied.
Part I exam will be of five papers (2 Honours + 2 Subsidiary + one Language), each of 100 marks. In Partt II the pattern of exam/paper is the same as Part – I. However, in Part III there will be four Honours papers and one General Studies paper, each of 100 marks. (For details please see College Prospectus).
To establish the college as centre for academic excellence in near future to schieve this goal broader vision of the college management is enumerated below-
- 1. Sincere efforts to be made to motivate students for making regular attendance in their respective classes . for the purpose meeting of their guardians in the college on frequent intervals is needed.
- 2. Efforts to be made to establish congenial , cordial hygienic and disciplined environment in the college to develop its students mentally , morally , physically and emotionally. All round development of their personality is the chief aim of this institution.
- 3. Arrangement to be made for frequent organizations of debates, seminars and extramural lectures on different topics for their academic soundness.
- 4. Arrangements to be made to develop their skils by proper counseling and professional training . for the same professional / vocational institute as well as industrial establishment will be contacted for providing their sincere and generous co-operation in this regard.
- 5. Computer training will be made necessary for teachers, office employees and students. Efforts to be made to provide of computer facility to all academic as well as administrative departments of the college . Wi-fi facility has already been provided under govt. scheme.
- 6. Automation of general section , accounts section and library will be made within two to three month for their proper transparent and error –fee functions.
- 7. Digitalization of library catalogue and keeping the books of different disciplines in specific rack & Almirah in accordance to digital catalogue for easier detection of specific book by readers with no loss of time . provision of journals , Magazines in the library for updation of knowledge of various academic fields.
- 8. Efforts be made to motivate students to take part in various games and sports regularly , so that they may represent in inter college / inter university tournaments of outdoor as well as indoor games for the same necessary and adequate facility will be provided to student. Facility for athletics , gymnastics and yoga will also be provided for their physical fitness.
- 9. Motivation of student to take active part in various programmes ment for social awareness towards health and hygienic ,legitimate use of natural resources , eracdication of illiteracy , sensitivity to traffic-rules and maintenance of ecofriendly surroundings.
- 10. Motivation of students to take training under NCC. It is necessary to inculcate in them the sense of national integration and sovereignty . it is also essential to maintain law and order in the time of internal disturbance . For the purpose, district commanding officer NCC will be requested to provide necessary training facilities to college students.